Descendants of Swan's Island's John Stockbridge
John Stockbridge came to Swan's Island from Deer Isle in 1816. He lived for several years on a place formerly owned by Alfred Babbidge. He later bought the eastern half of Elder Lennan's land when he moved away and lived in the log house Rev. Lennan built. Mr. Stockbridge made many of the plantation's first records holding the office of clerk for many years.
Created 1 August 2012 with RootsMagic Genealogy Software