Descendants of Swan's Island and Frenchboro's William Davis

This summary has been derived from information in Dr. H. W. Small's 'History of Swan's Island' published in 1898.
According to Dr. Small in his 'History of Swan's Island', William Davis, a relative of John Rich came to Swan's Island in 1794 as did Mr. Rich. Mr. Davis took up land adjacent to Mr. Rich and eventually left at about the same time, but went to Long Island (Frenchboro) where many of his descendents have lived.
It is not at all clear if the Capt. William Davis (1817 1894) is descended from Dr. Small's William Davis. Research continues.
For the Swan's Island Education Society
Stephen C. Joyce
5616 Purnell Rd.
Wake Forest, NC 27587

Created 1 August 2012 with RootsMagic Genealogy Software